ICC Women’s World Cup: Australia wins the West Indies by 7 wickets.© AFP
Australia further strengthened its position at the top of the ICC Women’s World Cup points table, after the West Indies won seven rounds in the Wellington Basin Reserve on Tuesday. The Meg Lanning-led team now has eight points after playing four games. On the other hand, the West Indies have dropped to fifth place after losing to India and Australia. The team led by Mithali Raj is in third place with four points from three games and India will have a chance to move up to second place on Wednesday if they defeat the runners-up in England.
Here is an updated chart of the 2022 ICC Women’s World Cup points:
1. Australia (P4 W4 L0: 8 points; NRR +1.74)
2. South Africa (P3 W3 L0: 6 points; NRR +0.28)
3. India (P3 W2 L1: 4 points; NRR +1.33)
4. New Zealand (P4 W2 L2: 4 points; NRR -0.25)
5. West Indies (P4 V2 L2: 4th points; NRR -1.23)
6. Bangladesh (P3 W1 L2: 2nd points; NRR -0.47)
7. England (P3 W0 L3: 0 points; NRR -0.15)
8. Pakistan (P4 W0 L4; point 0; NRR -0.99)
In the match between Australia and the West Indies, the latter won the draw and chose to join. However, he failed miserably as the team went into 131 within 46 overs.
For Australia, Ellyse Perry and Ashleigh Gardner returned with three wickets.
Australia had no problem catching the goal and renewed the goal with seven wickets left and 118 balls left over.
Rachael Haynes scored from a 95-yard touchdown run with a nine-yard touchdown pass. Beth Mooney was also left out on the 28th.
They will now face Heather Knight, who will play against England on Wednesday. If the champions lose on Wednesday, the hope of qualifying for the finals will end.
Topics covered in this article