- Russia has set up a no-fly zone in the Donbass region of Ukraine, according to a separatist authority in the Donetsk People’s Republic.
- Russian forces stormed an area near Lviv airport in western Ukraine, Mayor Andriy Sadovyi said on Friday. Ambulance and police vehicles attended.
- Rescuers are combing the remains of the Mariupol Theater, which survived on Wednesday. Russia has denied any wrongdoing. Italy said it would rebuild it.
- The governor of the northern region of Chernivtsi said 53 civilians had been killed in the past 24 hours. One of the dead was a U.S. citizen waiting in line for bread, his family said. Russia denies targeting civilians.
- Mariupol authorities say about 30,000 people have fled the besieged port city, adding that they have “destroyed 80 per cent of their homes”.