Indraprastha Gas Ltd (IGL) has announced price hikes for compressed natural gas (CNG) and piped natural gas (PNG) in Delhi and neighboring cities of Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad, Gurugram and others. The new rates will take effect starting today.
The rate hike came days after oil companies raised LPG prices.
After the price hike, the price of CNG in Delhi is now at Rs 59.01 per kilogram while PNG will be sold at Rs 36.61 per Standard Cubic Meter (SCM), the gas distribution company said.
IGL mentioned that the price of PNG will now be Rs 35.86 per SCM in Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad. And, CNG will be sold at a price of Rs 61.58 per kilogram.
Here are the new rates in other cities:
* The price of CNG in Gurugram is Rs 67.37 per kilogram; The PNG price will be sold at Rs 34.81 per SCM.
* CNG will be sold at Rewari at Rs 69.48 per kilogram and Rs 67.68 per kilogram at Karnal and Kaithal; The price of PNG in Rewari and Karnal is Rs 35.42 per SCM.
* The price of CNG in Muzzaffarnagar, Meerut and Shamli is Rs 66.26 per Kg; The PNG price will be sold at Rs 39.37 per SCM.
* CNG will be sold in Kanpur, Fatehpur and Hamirpur at Rs 70.82 per kilogram; PNG will be sold at Rs 38.50 per SCM.
* The price of CNG in Ajmer, Pali and Rajsamand is Rs 69.31 per kilogram; while the price of PNG is Rs 42.023.
For pipeline gas, IGL said, “An incentive of Rs 15 is available to use its own billing option through the IGL Connect Mobile App.”