Raj Bawa will be a player to watch in IPL 2022.© Twitter
The 2022 Indian Premier League could be a much -needed tournament for Indian players who are not in action and dream of joining a senior team. In the recent history of the IPL as well, players like Venkatesh Iyer have been included in senior teams solely based on their IPL performance. Such is the influence of tournaments on voters, that some good matches in critical situations can easily bring certain players on the radar of voters.
Here are 5 unveiled Indian players to watch:
1. Rahul Tripathi: Rahul impressed everyone when he got a chance at the top of the order for Kolkata Knight Riders. This became one of the most important reasons why SunRisers Hyderabad bid Rs 8.5 crore for the batter. Rahul has so far played 62 IPL matches, scoring 1,385 runs at an impressive strike rate of 136.31.
2. Rajvardhan Hangargekar: The Pacer was picked up by the Chennai Super Kings for Rs 1.5 crore after exhibiting some very competitive and positive attitudes during the campaign to win the Indian title at the U19 World Cup in the West Indies. The Pacer, who took five wickets in the World Cup, may be on the voters ’radar in the long run.
3. Shahrukh Khan |: Considered one of the toughest hitters in the domestic arena, Shahrukh could improve his game for the Punjab Kings, who bought him for Rs 9 crore. However, the key to hater exposure at the highest level may depend on HIS shot position in the tournament. So far, in 11 matches in the IPL, Khan has scored 153 runs at a strike rate of 134.21.
4. Raj Bawa: Bawa is one of India’s most promising young players who created success at the Under-19 World Cup. Bring took nine wickets in six games and also scored 252 runs on an impressive average of 63. He was picked up by the Punjab Kings for Rs 2 crore.
5. Shivam Mavi: Mavi’s injury concerns have often frustrated her since she appeared on the radar after playing a key role in India’s 2018 Under -19 World Cup champions. Mavi was bought by Kolkata Knight Riders but failed to show consistent performance. So far, he has taken 25 wickets in 26 IPL matches and all are eager to prove the doubters wrong after being bought by KKR again for Rs 7.25 crore.
Topics covered in this article