Top Stories

Cylinder exploded after a fire at the Jammu store, killing 4 people and injuring 15 others


Officials said firefighters attended and controlled the fire.

Srinagar:

Four people were killed and 15 others were injured in a massive fire in Jammu this afternoon. The fire broke out in a junk shop on Jammu Residency Road and then spread to nearby structures. Ertzaintza said the fire was caused by a short circuit, followed by explosions of gas cylinders.

The injured were taken to hospital and some said the behavior was serious. “Four people were killed in the blaze. Among the injured, the condition of the four is very serious, “said Mukesh Singh Jammu, the police chief.

Officials said firefighters attended and controlled the fire after much effort.

The PTI bottles were stored inside the store, the PTI news agency reported

Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha J&K has announced 5 lakh compensation for the families of the victims.

“The families of the victims of the Jammu LPG Cylinder explosion should be given 5 lakhs free of charge. 1 lakh in compensation to the seriously injured and 25,000 rupees to those with minor injuries,” he tweeted. Office of Lieutenant Governor J&K.



Source link

Agrasmartcity

Welcome to India's Largest news platform, I assure you that we daily update on Global news which helps you to grow your knowledge.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button
AllEscortAllEscort